Chief Researcher at E. Andronikashvili Institute of Physics
Major Research Interests:
* Non-perturbative theoretical approaches to quantum physics in one dimension, based on Conformal Field Theory, Bosonization and Integrability.
* Strongly correlated low-dimensional systems. Quantum magnetism. Quantum spin chains and ladders.
* Carbon nanotubes. Quantum transport in wires and ladders.
* Quantum criticalities and fractionalized excitations in quantum frustrated antiferromagnets and fermionic ladders. Majorana boundary states in spin ladders and one-dimensional superconductors.
* Disorder effects in two-dimensional electron systems with Dirac-like spectrum (applications to high-temperature superconductors). Unconventional ordered phases in two-dimensional electron systems (orbital antiferromagnet and spin nematic states).
* Topological phases and boundary states in quantum chains.